- Every Commercial invoice requires a Certificate of Origin.
- Documents require authentication by the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Manufacturing and expiry dates required on the Certificate of Origin.
- If the goods are produced by origin(s) outside the United Kingdom, then a formal letter issued from the consigner company is required to confirm that the goods have been produced for their benefitCommercial Invoice no and date required on the cert of origin
- Shipments to the private sector with the exception of pharmaceuticals require a certificate of conformity.
- Waybill required for each shipment
- If the goods are produced by origin(s) outside the United Kingdom, then a formal letter issued from the consigner company is required to confirm that the goods have been produced for their benefit
- All documents should have a recent date
- Exporters are reminded that there are some restrictions on trading with Iraq, though many have been relaxed. Contact the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment – Export Licensing Unit, Phone;  661 4444 for full details
- Embassy Fee is €215.00 per document
Update; Red Meat Requirements
We have been informed by the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq that as with immediate effect the new requirements and regulations for exporting red meats to Iraq in any form must comply with the following;-
- All processed fresh red meat should be exported from countries free of Cow Diseases
- All exported red meats should be accompanied with an authorised health certificate and legalised by the Iraqi Embassy (Consular Section) along with the AICC Certificate of Origin, Invoice and Halal Certificate
- Health Certificate of the products should include;-
- Suitable for human consumption
- Consumed by domestic population
- Free of cow disease and any other pollution
- Non Genetically Modified (GM) and free of added hormones
- Free of any radiation effects
- Labels to show clearly the production date and validity with a reference
For further information on Certificates of Conformity please contact
Bureau Veritas, Government Services & International Trade
180 Borough High Street, London SE1 1LB
Website; www.bureauveritas.co.uk Phone; +44 207 550 8956